Monday 18 April 2011

Goodbye Plakias, Hello Athens!

The airport greeted us today as we set off to the mainland of Greece. We were off to the 'big smoke' (or the city), Athens. It is the capital of Greece and extremely huge. Athens is one of the biggest places I have ever been in my life. If you walk about ten minutes and look back, it is hard to recognise anything because there is so much traffic and people everywhere. I might be exaggerating a bit, but that is sure what it looked like to me. When we arrived at the Park Hotel, I looked around and saw that it was definately a park theme. No coincidence that it was right opposite the park, too. There were fake trees around the main entrance with leaves on the roof. There were many scenes of what people do in parks, and some bikes surrounded by cut out butterflies. It is just lovely in there. The elevator is decorated with a black background and lights, making it a bit like the night sky. The carpet has a grass pattern on it, just like some grass in the park (no coincidence there). The view from the window in my room is quite nice, for it is overlooking the park.

The view from my window.


After all that, I suddenly felt very exhausted and snuggled into bed and fell asleep.

0 comments: